Interested in designing the logo for this year’s Cow Paddy Run race T-shirt?
In 2013, the Cow Paddy Run began hosting a contest to design the race t-shirt. We were so amazed by the entries we received that we have continued the tradition ever since! In 2016, we began partnering with the Community Creative Center (CCC) to make our contest even better by providing FREE workshops for children at which they will have dedicated time and materials to create their entry design! For more information, see below or visit the CCC on the web at www.communitycreativecenter.org.
Following the 2017 Cow Paddy Run, we received feedback that the community would also like to see design opportunities at Fayetteville Public Schools. We listened, and we’re now working with teachers and administrators to make this happen. Manage art curriculum at one of our local schools? Contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org to include the Cow Paddy T-shirt Design Contest as one of your units.
The 2019 Cow Paddy Run T-shirt Design Contest will open in Late Fall 2018. For more information, check out details from past contests below:
Can’t make one of the Community Creative Center workshops? Did your school decide not to participate? THAT’S OKAY! You can still create artwork and submit your design. Follow the instructions below:
How to Enter:
- – Students in grade K-6 are eligible to submit a design for our annual t-shirt contest
- – All design submissions must be original artwork
- – You can create the design with whatever medium you like, for example, you can paint, draw, etc. You can even create a digital image if you prefer to work on a computer.
- – Designs can be submitted on any size paper, but use an 8.5 x 11 letter (either portrait or landscape orientation) as your guide for what may fit best on a t-shirt
- – Design must incorporate two or more of the Cow Paddy Run themes: Dash the Cow (our mascot), cows, racing, Gulley Park, running, schools, community, students, family, physical education, health, outdoor recreation, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- – Submissions must include the year (2018) somewhere in the design
- – We recommend using colors that pop and sticking to no more than four or five colors
- – Designs must be RECEIVED by the deadline (2/28/18) to be considered.
How to Submit:
- – Scan and send a .PDF or .JPG to email@example.com
- – Mail or drop off designs to The Spark Foundation (100 W. Center Street, Suite 202, Fayetteville, AR 72701). You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (479) 387-7116 to confirm that we’ll be in the office that day.
- – Make sure to include the following: child’s full name, school, grade, art teacher (if designed during class time), parent’s phone number, and parent’s email address
- – Please note, if mailed, we cannot guarantee that original designs will be returned
The 2018 deadline for submitting artwork has passed. We will begin accepting submissions for the 2019 Contest in December 2018.
Questions? Contact Melissa at email@example.com
How to Win:
After all of the designs have been submitted, our cow-crazy crew will pick our top 5-10 designs. Then, we’ll take it to a community vote hosted on our Facebook page! It’s always so hard to pick just one, so we honor our three favorites with prizes! We will announce the winners on our Facebook page in early March before the race.
What You’ll Win:
Each one of our top three favorites will get a FREE entry in this year’s Cow Paddy Run! But that’s not all…
$100 CASH for all your hard work and creativity. But more importantly, the first place design will be printed on all the race shirts for this year’s Cow Paddy Run! That means hundreds of people from our community will own a shirt with your artwork! How cool is that?!
$50 CASH for submitting your awesome artwork, and because we just can’t help but share such great art, we will feature it on our website and Facebook page.
$25 CASH because creating a masterpiece is hard work! We already know from years past that it will be so hard to decide between the top three entries, so you better believe we’re sharing the third place work of art on our Facebook page and on our website’s hall of fame.
Hall of Fame
Congratulations to Bethany, the winner of the 2017 Cow Paddy Run T-shirt design!
Congratulations to Wyatt, the winner of the 2016 Cow Paddy Run T-shirt design!